Apr 17, 2009

Laughter Healthy for Diabetes Patients

I read news online about health care and I found this. This is the study show that laughter is healthy for diabetes patients. This study comes from Lee Berk, DrPH, MPH, of Loma Linda University and Stanley Tan, MD, PhD, of Oak Crest Health Research Institute in Loma Linda, Calif.

They separate the diabetes patients into two groups, one for laughter group and another one is a comparison group. For the laughter group, they are given some funny video to watch. After two months (If I am not mistaken), the laughter group had a better HDL. A several months later the laughter group had lower blood levels of certain inflammatory chemicals.

Laughter is good. We should laugh more often. But that doesn’t mean you need to laugh whole day long. More and more study already proved that laughter is good for our health. Good, I think I will also start to watch some video or funny comics, and then I will laugh.

No comments:


Related Posts with Thumnails